Lilypie
Lilypie

Thursday, November 20, 2008

Slightly Glittery Vampires

I saw the "Twilight" movie last night. That's correct, I saw it a full day before all of you super fans at a small private screening at a Utah County location that I will not disclose. Neener neener neener. The true injustice here for all of you is that I have not even read the book. I have been meaning to, but I am busy and vampires just aren't my thing.
I am not going to spoil the movie for you by giving away the plot, but I am going to spoil it by saying it sucks. It is just really cheesey and sort of slow. I am going to read the books now though because I want to know what happens next.
BTW- once you see the movie, you will understand the title of the post. Had to be the funniest part of the movie for me.

8 comments:

Rachel said...

Sad. I am indeed a twilight fan, and I was already skeptical of the movie by what I have seen of the previews. It definitely looked liek it was going to be crappy. Especially the girl who plays Bella. Oh, well.

Erin said...

You should still see it anyway. I shouldnt have been so mean about it. I have a policy of always seeing any book I read that becomes a movie regardless of how the movie is reviewed. So if you like the books you should still go see it. And that Edward guy is hot in a WAAAAY to young for me to say that kind of way. Have fun!

nancy said...

Great and I wasted 10.50 to see it tonight. Man...


Thanks for the comment over on my blog. I appreciate it and read yours ALLL the time!

Kathy said...

I'm not into vampires either, and swore never to read the books, but I finally succumbed to the peer pressure of my daughter. I felt like a tweener, but I couldn't put them down. Haven't seen the movie yet, but maybe should wait until it's released for home viewing :)

shelley said...

hahahaha! i'm seeing it this week. i'm obsessed with the books (are you surprised?!?) and have read the whole series 4 or 5 times. but i'm sad because edward in my mind is way sexier than that kid who plays him and does not look like a ghost with too much lipstick on (like the previews make him look). i'll give you my take on it when i see it.

Tiffany said...

You may have liked the movie more if you had read the books. I did. The books explain so much more that the movie didn't. I thought parts were cheesey, and the sparkling thing was a little odd, but I have to admit I liked it.

Dan and Ashley said...

You're crazy. It was awesome!!! :) I realize the special effects budget was low and weren't the most amazing, but honestly I loved it!!! I don't think we can be friends anymore.....;) J/K....but really you should read the books and then rethink your critique. I'm sure you'll fall in love with Edward, just like the rest of us.

Dan and Ashley said...

Hey Erin! BTW---I wanted to send you a Christmas card but I don't have your address or even your email address. Can you send those to me? My email is ashleyjhenryATyahooDOTcom