Lilypie
Lilypie

Sunday, October 21, 2007

Happy Birthday to Us!

As many of you know, Bryce and I have the same birthday (October 20). Interestingly, our first child Maeve was due on October 17th, so we almost thought we would have a third birthday on the 20th, but she was born two months early.....

Sharing a birthday is really fun. It has its drawbacks I guess. On your birthday, you sort of expect to be waited on and taken care of. That is kinda hard when you both have the expectation. We also don't have parties because a) we are adults and b) it just seems strange to throw yourself a party. Still we really enjoy it.

On Friday night, we had dinner with Doug, Brandy, and Logan. We went to La Vigna (formerly Ottavios). The meal was good, but more trouble than it was worth. Logan and Isaac were both suffering from diaper rash and exhaustion respectively. So, the meal was spent with some missing from the table at all times to take care of a screaming kid. We all reflected on the days when we used to go to movies and dinner any time and do everything spur-of-the-moment, with no regard for bedtimes, sippycups, and disrupting others. Ah, good times. Oh well, nothing beats our little guys and the constant source of entertainment they are. They sure keep us on our toes!

On Saturday Morning we woke and did presents. Bryce got some video games, new jeans and shoes. I got clothes (my favorite!) and new pots and pans (so cool!). Then, we threw some clothes on for a family birthday breakfast at IHOP. Isaac decided to forgo getting dressed and instead dined in his jammies.

We came back home to clean up and get dressed for real, and then it was off to the mall in the freezing cold to exchange Bryce's new jeans. Shopping is always fun, and Isaac got to try a little orange julius, which he loved!

After a stop at Walmart for some groceries (even though it is our birthday, it is still Saturday and we have to get stuff done) Bryce went home to nap through the BYU game while I went to the church to set up our father-daughter activity for the activity day girls. After that, Bryce, Isaac and I met my mom, brothers, grandpa and his wife at McGrath's for birthday dinner.

That was probably the highlight of the day. I have not seen my Grandpa Kenney very much. He came out for my high school graduation and my wedding. I was pretty busy during my wedding reception, so I just briefly met his new wife, Sherry there. This is the first time we have seen them since. They live in Port Angeles, WA during the summer and Mesa, AZ during the winter, so they were on their way down to AZ and decided to stop in for a quick visit. It was really nice. They loved meeting Isaac, and we really like Sherry. I am glad that my Grandpa has her, and I hope we get to see them more often.

My lack of blogging this month has been nagging at me like my poor visiting teaching record:(. I really am going to be better at both. I don't have any new pictures to post so here is my old standby, a baby porcupine.

1 comment:

nancy said...

Ok.. so I guess I should yell at you but I wont' Happy bday to our 2 favorite people .And I say that you come and visit your grandpa ALOT. We want to play and meet Issac!!!! WE miSS YOU