Lilypie
Lilypie

Sunday, August 19, 2007

I've been sick:(

Well, I am already behind on my blogging. I have had a nasty cold for the past week and have not done much of anything, but there have been a few highlights that I will mention.

I am the ward activity days coordinator for the primary girls. For their final activity before school starts back up, we took them to the Living Planet Aquarium in Sandy. This is supposed to be a preview of a bigger better aquarium that is still under construction. Honestly, I was not too impressed. I think that the displays at Cabella's are better (and we could have taken them there for free), but the girls seemed to have a great time, especially with the touch pools where they got to pet stingrays.


We went to church last week in Bountiful at Bryce's cousin Ashley's ward. She has just returned from her mission or Singapore/Malaysia. It was great to see her again and her talk was wonderful. We are so proud of her! Afterwards, we went to her families house for the usual get together. While we were there, we got to visit with tons of family including another of Bryce's cousins, Michelle. She and her husband live in Kentucky but have spent a month in Utah visiting before school starts back up for her husband. They had a baby (Lucy) 5 weeks before Isaac was born. Isaac and Lucy got to hang out together and someone even asked if they were twins! I don't think they look a lot alike, but they are about the same size.
Finally, the biggest news of the week... My mom graduated with her Masters in Business Administration from BYU! We are so proud of her. She is such a great example to my brothers and I. She moved us all to Utah as a single mom long ago to finish her Bachelors degree. She did it, while working full time and raising us. I am so glad that she decided to go back after more years away from school and get her MBA. We attended both the graduations for all of BYU and just her school and they were actually pretty good. We heard some great talks and of course, great songs by the choir.


Isaac Enjoying Thursday's Graduation at the Marriott Center
My Mom Singing in the Choir
Isaac has had enough!





1 comment:

nancy said...

Issac looks so good. Congrats grammy Nancy ( i think that was her name if I remember right) We miss you guy and can't wait to see you. We will holler when we make it up!!